Call Image


Location Image

ul. Kopernika 30

00-336 Warsaw

Time Image

Monday - Saturday

8 - 16

„500+” for foreigners children

"500+" for foreigners


From 1 July 2019, parents may submit applications for benefits for children under the new rules, under which the benefit from the „Family 500+” scheme is granted to children up to the age of 18, regardless of the income earned by the family.

What is 500+?

500% is an abbreviated name of a parental benefit granted by a Poland to children – also to children of foreigners living in Poland.

As the name suggests, the benefit is 500 zł per child, which is paid monthly to parents in the commune budget.

Who is entitled to 500+?

The parental benefit is granted to the child’s parents (with the reservation that one of them has citizenship or a residence card with the annotation „access to the labour market”), the actual guardian of the child (i.e. a person who actually takes care of the child, if she applied to the guardianship court for adoption of the child), the legal guardian of the child and – in certain, rare cases – the director of a social welfare home.

Who will receive the benefit when the parents are divorced?

The benefit is due to the parent who lives with the child and whose dependency the child remains. If, according to the court’s decision, a child is under alternate care of both divorced or living in separation parents, each of the parents may file an application for „500+”. In such a case he or she (wife and husband) will be granted a benefit in the amount of half of the benefit (i.e. PLN 250 per child).

What happens if one of the parents dies?

The amendment to the Act on State aid in bringing up children changes the rules concerning the payment of the benefit in the event of the death of one of the parents. Currently, in the case of the death of a parent for whom a decision granting the parental benefit was issued, the right to the benefit expires on the day of death, as it is a personal benefit, inalienable and not subject to inheritance. From 1 July 2019, it will be possible to grant, with continuity, a parental benefit to the other parent of the child in the event of the death of the parent who was granted the benefit for a given period of time or who died before the examination of the submitted application. In order to maintain continuity of benefits, a parent who is left with a child must submit an application within three months of the date of death of the other parent. The above solution applies to cases in which the parent died after 30 June 2019.

How much money can I get?

The child’s parent will receive PLN 500 per child. In the case of alternate care – PLN 250.

500 + for foreigners

How many applications should be submitted?

Parents who are currently granted parental benefit for second and subsequent children until 30 September 2019,  submit from 1 July 2019 one joint application for determining the right to benefit for all children. On the basis of such a request, from 1 July 2019 they will be granted the right to benefit for the first child (for whom they are not currently receiving parental benefit), and from 1 October 2019 for the remaining children (for whom benefits are already granted until the end of September).

For the above-mentioned information it should be pointed out that the necessary condition for obtaining cash benefits, pursuant to Article 1 of the Act on State Aid in Raising Children, is residing in Poland. Parental benefit is not granted to parents who do not reside in Poland, and even the fact of having Polish citizenship or even having a formal registration in Poland is not recognized. (Municipal competent authorities may verify the condition of residing in Poland in external databases, the municipal competent authority will be able to call a parent claiming or receiving an educational benefit to appear in person in order to confirm residing in Poland.)

What should a foreigner do if he/she has just submitted an application for a temporary residence card with access to work?

In such a case, a foreigner may also apply for a benefit of 500 +. It should be borne in mind, however, that the applicant will receive it later – on the day of receiving the residence card. However, he/she will receive the amount for the whole period of waiting for the residence card.

If you need help in obtaining 500 + for your child – please contact us.


Dodaj komentarz

Twój adres email nie zostanie opublikowany. Pola, których wypełnienie jest wymagane, są oznaczone symbolem *

Przeczytaj poprzedni wpis:
Foreigners without PESEL will have a possibility of getting PIT – 11 :)!

Ladies and gentlemen, at the request of the "Republic of Poland", the Ministry of Finance has issued a communique according...